As the mercury plummets to a cold winter chill, the last thing that should be on your mind is a lovely bronzed glow, right? Wrong!
While many people skip more than a few spray tan appointments and ditch the self-tanning formulas in exchange for heavy duty moisturisers, we are just not about that pale life, even when the going gets tough (and by that we mean anything under 20 degrees) we will still tan during winter…
Tanning can make your skin look healthier, and more vibrant. Adding a subtle hint of colour to your skin can be just the pick-me-up solution to find the perfect tan during winter, boosting your confidence and making your winter clothes look beautiful! There is a fine art that goes into embracing a beautiful bronzed glow in the winter months.
While winter may be some people’s ‘thing’, here at Sunescape, we need instant solutions for when we decide to brave the cold and don a subtle golden glow.
Here are our top tips and fave products for a glowing tan during winter months, without sticking out like a sore thumb:
- Gradual Tan will become your best friend, we promise. Stuck with the dilemma that you have dry-winter-skin-syndrome, but still want a gorgeous glow when you do decide you want to show off your pins? Our Gradual Tan Extender not only gives you a subtle, gradual sunkissed colour, but it moisturises your skin while you do it, with added ingredients like coconut, avocado and Argan oils to hit your skin with hydration. Subtle is best in the winter months, opting for a simple golden glow, over a daring bronze.
- Don’t wait around for your tan to dry, get an instant hit of glow. When you are out of time, or can’t brave getting your kit off in the cold bathroom at night, instant tanners are your saviour. You can simply apply the morning of your day, and it will not only dry instantly, but give your skin that natural, shimmering look, almost like your legs are airbrushed (they don’t need to know its tan at all). Wash our Illuminating Body Tint and ‘Just for the Night’ Instant Wash Off Mousse, after your day with soap and water.
- The horror of a ghostly white face is gone, remember to tan your face. Never forget, to tan your face. Don’t live the regret of waking up in the morning with a glowing body and pale face (eeek!). The objective here is to look like you haven’t faux tanned at all, so we suggest mixing our Instant Self-Tan Mousse formula into your daily moisturiser for a soft, subtle tan, letting you skip the panic in the morning, when nothing matches!
SHOP SUNESCAPE’S WINTER SAVIOURS
Here’s the situation. It’s the morning after your marinating tanning session, and you’ve noticed a big (and obvious) too dark tan mark that looks like it doesn’t belong. Oh. No.
While you could panic and immediately call in sick to work because there is no way you are leaving the house in this state, Sunescape has found a better way!
Here are our top tanning survival hacks that you need to be following every tan sesh:
- Get an exfoliating glove, stat – Sunescape’s Tan Removal Mitt is just what you need to gently scrub that tan build up before anyone notices. If you are in a rush in the morning, all you need is this wonder glove and warm water to remove any tanning horrors, with the added benefits of leaving you with cleansed, silky smooth skin.
- Use a tan friendly scrub – Do the once over on all your rough areas of skin with our Exfoliating Body Polish, seamlessly melting away any dodgy tan jobs (though we know this just isn’t possible when you are using a Sunescape mousse!) with the blend of pineapple enzymes and eco beads. And you’ll get a gorgeous summer scent while you’re at it!
- If you can’t remove, blend – When you don’t have the time to undo your blunders in the morning when you’ve already snoozed your alarm 3 (maybe 5) times, blend! Put our DHA free, wash off products, like our Illuminating Body Tint or Wash Off Mousse, to work by blending it into your existing tan for an instant way to cover any dark tan marks. And don’t worry, these wash off in the shower so you’re not building up any extra colour on your skin!
… And Save your Sheets
We’ve all been guilty of jumping into bed too quickly after a self-tan session, leaving your beautiful white sheets a lovely shade of bronze. Just as annoying as a ring of foundation around your favourite new white t-shirt, the tell-tale stains post-tan are something that can be easily avoided with Sunescape stain-free hacks that will change your life (and save your sheets).
Luckily our professional spray formula, and self-tanners are all quick drying, so you don’t have to wait hours before you can hit the hay. We recommend waiting for the sweet spot, around 20 minutes after your application to ensure the tan has settled on your skin and started to dry evenly. There is nothing worse than smudging a fresh manicure, let alone a whole body tan, so trust us on this… good things come to those who wait.
If you’re one of those impatient bunch who just cannot resist the temptations of a comfy bed or throw on a beautiful white dress seconds after you tan, no worries! But girl, it’s time to act fast!
Run the underside of the fabric under cold water until it runs clear and put them in a warm cycle with an added stain remover. If all else fails dish soap is your new best friend, get rubbing…
Sunescape formulas are not only ultra-hydrating, but are quick drying, leaving you to literally tan and go within the hour! Our spray tan formula can be washed off in 2 hours, leaving your tan to develop over 8 hours, or overnight, without the stains. Our Instant Self-Tan Mousse wears evenly, is super lightweight and fast-drying meaning you don’t need to worry about it rubbing off on clothing or sheets!