Free shipping for orders over $100 | Same Day Shipping*
It’s easy to feel left out during winter in the Southern Hemisphere; all your friends who live abroad are sunbathing on holiday and rocking those crop tops. With all the great summer events going on this time of year, it seems like a shame to spend your days wearing jackets and thermals. If the European heat wave is calling your name, get your tan on for one of our top festival picks.
1. Aste Naguisa. Spend a week in Bilbao, Spain attending concerts and watching nightly fireworks during this “Big Week” festival. Nothing complements sangria and tapas like a flirty dress and bronze glow!
2. Sziget Festival. This Hungarian music festival takes place on an island in Budapest – how cool is that? If you’re looking for an awesome multicultural event and an endless partying experience, round up your best mates and head to Sziget.
3. Tomorrowland. If you’re all about electronic music, this Belgian festival was made for you. Dancing the night away to your favourite DJs at the world’s largest electronic music festival sounds far more appealing than another night huddled next to your space heater.
4. Roskilde Festival. This Danish multicultural festival features everything from music and performers to art installations and DIY projects. There’s even an annual naked run – perfect for those brave souls who really want to show off an all-over tan.
5. La Route du Rock. If you’re looking for a smaller festival and like your concerts with an ocean view, this rock festival in Saint-Malo, France will tick all the boxes. Headliners this year include Björk, Ratatat and Sun Kil Moon, so book your tickets as soon as you can!
6. Reading Festival. Head to either Reading (or Leeds!) at the end of August for an incredible music festival featuring artists from all genres. Whether you’re dying to see the legendary Metallica or are more of an Azealia Banks fan, there’s something for everyone at this event.
7. Ibiza Closing Parties. This island off Spain is a party destination all summer long, but the closing parties are out of this world. Attend concerts and events all day, every day from August 31 – September 6 this year.
8. Ultra Music, Croatia. With an incredible all-star line-up and epic light-show, this festival boasts the perfect scenery for some electric music and amazing fun not to mention hundreds of bikini-clad babes! The main stadium event is only part of the picture, also with daily boat parties sailing over the Adriatic and an insane beach party over on Hvar Island to round things off!
9. Secret Garden Party. If you’re in the UK then this popular four day music and art boutique festival is a must. SGP takes place in beautifully-landscaped grounds in Cambridgeshire (with 14 stages spread over 100 acres!) and is inspired by the early years of bigger festivals like Glastonbury and Burning Man.
Now, after all our convincing, are you planning on jet setting to Europe to avoid those winter blues? Check out the full Sunescape range to find your perfect shade of self-tanning mousse before you leave! Don’t forget to pack your Gradual Tan Extender to keep that glow going through days of dancing, partying, and lounging poolside.