Getting your gorgeous glow the faux way is the only way to go these days, with the found (and horrifying) risks of naturally tanning in the sun, and the hundreds of advancements in the self-tanning industry. With everything from lightweight spray tan solutions to velvety self-tan mousses, creams and lotions, looking beautifully bronzed is much easier, and as realistic as any damaging natural tan could be.
Whether you’re looking for a deep, dark tan or a simple subtle glow, you need to decide what kind of tanning method is best for you; spray or self-tan.
Getting a spray tan done is the perfect option for many tanners. This method of tanning is one of the most efficient ways to get the bronzed glow you want, without the harmful effects of UV sun exposure and tanning beds. With Sunescape you attain a natural-looking tan, and feel the best you’ve ever felt, with the effects spilling over into the psychological arena, let’s be honest we all feel better after a spray tan.
As well as giving you a gorgeous bronzed glow, Sunescape’s professional spray tan solutions are also packed with nourishing, hydrating ingredients including coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, kiwi seed extract, avocado oil, and vitamin E to repair, soften and rejuvenate skin.
Why we love spray tanning:
- Gives you a professional, airbrushed look with dramatic results – the spray tan formula, while can be tricky to apply to your own body, is literally a breeze when done professionally. Reaching the places that you can’t, even with a mitt, a spray tan gives you that airbrushed, ‘I just came back from holiday’ look, and when communicated effectively with the spray tanner, you can go as natural and subtle or dark and dramatic as you like.
- Perfect for tanning beginners – Get a spray tan and all you have to do is stand there with your arms up and let yourself be beautifully bronzed. Yes! It’s that easy. Though it can be awkward standing near nude in front of a stranger for the first time, most spray tanners have the social skills to make you forget what is even happening. Forget tanning faux pas that you’re so afraid of, your body is going to look gorgeously glowing!
- You can look like a whole new person – Not only are tans a lot healthier than exposing your skin to UV rays, but it can also double as a complete makeover. Getting a spray tan can make you look healthier, slimmer and your teeth whiter in a matter of minutes. Even ask your spray tanner if they can do some subtle tan contouring (affectionately known as tantouring) on your face, stomach and collarbones for that soft depth and dimension.
- That special occasion splurge – While regular spray tans can be costly once stacked up week after week, they are the ultimate pick me up for special occasions, be it a wedding, birthday, or night out with the girls.
Search for your local Sunescape spray tanner
With ingredients that deliver instant hydration and fast-acting formulas in a variety of colours, using a self-tanning product can quickly become your favourite method of getting a gorgeous glow. Although it can take a few tries to perfect the application process, avoiding streaks and developing the best technique, you’re always guaranteed to have enough product for multiple tans every week without the splurge of a spray tan
Why we love self-tanning:
- You can control the colour and your mistakes – While you cannot control how the sun affects your skin, you are able to manage your results perfectly when using a self-tanner. Sunescape’s Hydrating Self-Tan Mousse gives you a guide colour for you to build up the colour how you’d like, and avoid making any big streaky movements
- Ultra-safe for sensitive skin – One of the best things about self-tanning is you choose the product going on your skin, meaning if you suffer from sensitive skin, strong skin conditions, or allergies, you know exactly what you are putting on your skin. Allergic to DHA – the active ingredient that reacts with the cells on the top layer of skin – you can choose a DHA-free option. Sunescape’s wash off range allows you to apply a beautiful instant bronze colour without it developing over time with DHA
- Perfect for self-tanning dynamos – If you’re a pro at tanning your body, self-tanning is a cinch for you. These girls can get the same look out of a mousse that they do a spray solution, and we hail them for that. While most expert self-tanners opt for this mode of bronze,beginner tanners can also nail their glow with a gradual tanning formula or wash off product like our Gradual Tan Extender or Illuminating Body Tint
- Convenience – With traditional tanning, you would have to spend hours in direct sunlight before you even got a glimpse of brown skin, and damaging your body while you were at it. Sunescape’s self-tanning products only take minutes to apply, and in most cases, seconds to develop. Even with our Hydrating Self-Tan Mousse, the instant bronzers in the formula give you that instant hint of tint, while the DHA develops over night