So you’d love to sport bronzed glowing skin year round, but you’re not sure how to make it happen? Stress less, because Sunescape has you covered! Once you’re through with these tips and tricks you’ll be on your way to the ultimate natural-looking tan!
Firstly, it’s all about the prep! Make sure you shave and exfoliate 24 hours before you tan to ensure the tanning formula glides onto your skin easily, without seeping into open pores or causing streaking or patchiness.
Are you after an instant tan, like, yesterday? Or are you happy to build your tan up over a few days? With Sunescape you’ve got options, girl!
Formulated with all-natural DHA and added vitamins, antioxidants and hydrating oils, our exclusive formula provides a natural-looking tan whilst leaving your skin smooth, hydrated and replenished.
Choose from two coconutty fragranced shades:
For those after a more subtle sheen, build your tan with Sunecape’s Gradual Tan Extender – an all-in-one self-tanner, tan extender and moisturiser. This is a fantastic option for first time tanners as it gives you complete control over the end result and is great for learning what depth of tan suits your complexion. Apply by hand to your body and face every day until you’ve achieved your desired tan, and use any leftover lotion to lightly moisturise your hands.
Before applying your Instant Self Tan Mousse be sure to moisturise areas that are typically dry (ankles, knees, elbows and hands) to avoid patchiness. We love our Hydrating Body Butter for this job, as it provides deep, instant hydration.
- Pump foam directly onto the Sunescape Luxe Tanning Mitt and use long, sweeping motions to smooth the formula over your legs, arms and body.
- Always tan in front of a mirror so you can check for any streaks or missed patches and use circular motions to buff the tan into your skin.
- When applying tan to your hands and face, use a ¼ of a pump and buff in with a makeup brush, taking special care around your hairline and eyebrows.
- Allow the tan to settle and dry on your skin for 10 minutes and then dress in loose clothing.
- Allow 4 hours for the tan to develop and then wash it off in a cool, quick shower. Do not apply any soaps or scrubs as this will affect the finish of the tan.
- Don’t freak out if post-shower you’re not looking as tanned as you’d anticipated! Over the next 12 hours your tan will continue to develop into a beautiful bronze finish.
- We recommend you tan 1-2 days prior to any special event in order to allow your tan to develop perfectly and to give yourself time for a second application if desired.
Last but not least, our post-tan tips!
Use Sunescape’s Hydrating Gradual Tan Extender to prolong your tan, and avoid chlorinated pools and excessive sweating to ensure your tan lasts as long as possible.