While it might not be the season for slinky dresses (it’s winter in the northern hemisphere!) it seems they’re still a red carpet requirement this time of year, and we’ve definitely seen a lot of bronze skin on show this awards season!
With winter weather not permitting a genuine sun-kissed look, you can be assured that the golden glows we’re seeing are the result of some expert fake tanning, and after watching so many celebs sparkle down the red carpet with perfectly bronzed skin we’ve made a list of the top tans from this awards season!
On the arm of A Star Is Born director and star Bradley Cooper, Irina’s golden glow matched her gorgeous gilded dress at the 2019 Golden Globes.
Best Original song winner at the 2019 Academy Awards, Lady Gaga’s deep tan contrasted beautifully with her classic gown-and-gloves combo, keeping the look modern and young.
If anyone knows the importance of a year-round tan it’s the incredible J-Lo, who apparently ages backwards?! Here she is looking incredible at the 2019 Grammy Awards in February.
Star of new Netflix hit Dirty John, Connie proves that a golden glow isn’t just for the younger generation. At 51, Connie’s never looked better and we’re loving her laidback beach babe look at the 2019 Golden Globes!
Supermodel Ashley Graham was a vision at the 2019 Academy Awards in her Zac Posen gown, $1 million worth of jewels and priceless faux tan.
Turning heads at the 2019 Golden Globes in a spangly silver number, Keri skipped the jewellery and instead accessorised with a golden tan.
Nudity at the 2019 Grammys?! Well, almost! What Nina’s understated gown lacked in colour it made up for in stunning lace detail, and her bronze skin ensured she wasn’t washed out by the nude number.
The eternal bronzed babe, supermodel Heidi Klum didn’t disappoint at the 2019 Grammy Awards, pairing a sculptural mini dress that was reminiscent of her Victoria’s Secret Angel wings of the past, with an ultra-dark tan.
Hilarious star of the Big Bang Theory, Kaley stunned at the 2019 Golden Globes in a two-tone gown paired with undone blonde tresses and a natural-looking tan.
Another great example of how the perfect faux tan can keep a ball gown from looking too old-school, Kelly Ripa wowed in this voluminous number at the 2019 Academy Awards.
Want your skin to look golden, sun-kissed and healthy like these A-list celebrities? Sunescape has you covered!
- For a light, subtle golden glow like Keri Russell’s, opt for a spray tan at your local salon and ask for the shade ‘Weekend in Bondi’.
- For medium-tone healthy radiance like Ashley Graham’s, opt for the self-tanning mousse in ‘Week in Fiji’.
- For a more bronzed, darker look like Lady Gaga’s, we recommend using self-tanning mousse in ‘Month in Maui’.
- For the ultimate deep golden glow like Heidi Klum’s, head into your local salon and ask for our darkest shade, ‘Summer in Santorini’!
For a bonus glow at any event, we always recommend applying Sunescape’s ‘Illuminating Body Tint’ to your skin for that extra shimmer!
Here are our top tips for the perfect tan:
- Take a selfie on flash to determine if your tan is too dark for your complexion.
- When tanning your back, pop your tanning mitt on a wooden spoon and secure at the bottom with an elastic band.
- Apply highlighter to your décolletage before heading out to really make your tan pop!
- Always rub an ice cube over your face before you tan to seal your pores and achieve a flawless result.